Member Frequently Asked Questions
Once you retire or reach your preservation age you can:
- Continue to hold your money in super, paying 15% tax on earnings and making withdrawals when it suits you^
- Withdraw some or all of your money as a lump sum^
- Use some or all of this money to start a pension account that pays you a regular income
^You may be taxed on your super withdrawal, depending on your age when you make the withdrawal.
There are things that you can do today to increase your super for retirement:
- FIND LOST SUPER. There are millions of ‘lost’ super accounts in Australia worth billions of dollars. Some of this could be your money. Crescent Wealth offers a complimentary service to help you get your lost super back and combined into your Crescent Wealth Super account. Call us today on 1300 926 626 and talk to one of our Super specialists to avail of this complimentary service.
- CONSOLIDATE/COMBINE all your super accounts to avoid paying multiple sets of fees and charges that over a lifetime may total thousands of dollars. This could be valuable when you retire. You can do this online or ask us on how to do it and we will gladly walk you through the process over the phone. There are some things you should consider before deciding whether to consolidate your super, such as whether there are any fees for consolidating (e.g. exit fees) or other loss of benefits (e.g. insurance).
- YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS STRATEGY. It may be possible to make extra contributions to super from your pre-tax salary through salary sacrifice and take advantage of super’s 15%* concessional contributions tax rate. Remember that there is a limit on the amount of pre-tax contributions you can make to your super each financial year. If you contribute more than the limit allowed, you will pay additional tax on your excess contributions.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GOVERNMENT INCENTIVES for example if you are eligible for co-contributions and spouse contributions, this could be a great way to add to your super balance.
*Or 30% tax on pre-tax super contributions if you earn over $300,000 pa. 1 Australian Taxation Office, Taxation statistics 2010-11, ‘A summary of tax returns for the 2010-11 income year and other reported tax information for the 2011-12 financial year’.
that differs substantially from the conventional approach to investments. It represents a philosophy established to create a better world through investments that benefit society, consider the environment and support the well-being of our future generations.
Read more about our Islamic investment principles.
Our highly skilled investment team researches the globe to analyse, undertake due diligence and ultimately appoint and outsource the best and most appropriate investment managers as Crescent Wealth’s investment sub-advisors. All funds are managed in accordance with Islamic investment principles while providing diversification across major asset classes such as Australian shares, international shares, Islamic money market securities and, listed and unlisted property.
Superannuation is an investment for your retirement and as such Crescent Wealth, has a comprehensive regulatory framework in place to safe guard your super. Crescent Wealth Super Fund (CWSF) is registered under the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
Crescent Wealth does not physically hold any of your money. It is held by NAB Asset Servicing, a subsidiary of National Bank of Australia as Crescent Wealth's independent custodian.
In addition, Crescent Wealth has Equity Trustees Superannuation Limited as the independent trustee who are responsible for the regulatory compliance and operations of the Fund.
Yes – As required by law, the Trustee of the Fund, Equity Trustees Superannuation Limited, holds both an Australian Financial Services Licence – AFSL: 2297573 (issued by ASIC) and a Registrable Superannuation Entity Licence RSE: L0001458 (issued by APRA). In addition, the Fund has been registered with APRA (the Superannuation Regulator) and has been given the Fund Registration Number R1075182. The Crescent Wealth Super Fund Australian Business Number (ABN) is: 71 302 958 449.
The Crescent Wealth Super Fund (the Fund) offers competitive ongoing investment fees. These may vary depending of the underlying composition of the assets within the option.
Click here for a detailed break down of fees.
The latest ASFA Retirement Standard estimates that a couple will need approximately $60,063 a year to enjoy a comfortable retirement or $43,695 if you are single1. But everyone is different and may have different circumstances. ASFA can give you a sense of how much you may need to retire and whether you are on track, as well as helping you see the long-term effects on your superannuation for the things you can control.
Yes. We also provide Islamically compliant investment funds which individuals can invest directly into. Our four funds are:
- Crescent Wealth Australian Equity Fund
- Crescent Wealth International Equity Fund
- Crescent Wealth Property Fund
- Crescent Wealth Cash Fund
If you have a self-managed super fund, you can invest directly in any one of our managed funds in order to gain exposure to a specific asset class, for example Islamic compliant Australian property via the Crescent Wealth Property Fund.
Super Fund Name
Crescent Wealth Superannuation Fund
Crescent Wealth Super Fund SPIN#
CFL0009AU Alternatively, you can use our ABN in place of our SPIN number, as a SPIN number is no longer a legal requirement.
Crescent Wealth Super Fund ABN (USI)#
71 302 958 449 (001)
Crescent Wealth Funds Management (Aust) Pty Ltd. Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL)
Fund Postal Address (for Rollover/Transfer forms, Remittance Advice forms and Cheques)
TO: Crescent Wealth Superannuation Fund Reply Paid 88577 Melbourne VIC 8060
Your member number is 9 digits that you would have received in an email upon sign-up. If you can't remember your member number please contact our Member Care team for assistance on 1300 926 626.
If you do know your member number, but have forgotten your PIN, you can reset your PIN here.
No. Crescent Wealth is not a financial lending institution. We are a superannuation and wealth management company.
For more information, please contact Crescent Wealth on 1300 926 626.